The Operations group’s role is to:
- set strategies for Te Hiringa Hauora programmes
- develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders
- deliver high quality initiatives
- support communities to develop local solutions to local problems.
Areas of work include Mental Wellbeing, Child and Family Health, Tobacco Control and Minimising Gambling Harm.
General Manager - Mary O'Hagan
Communications, Digital and Marketing
The Communications, Digital and Marketing group’s role is to enhance the performance and reputation at Te Hiringa Hauora by:
- ensuring high quality strategic marketing and communications advice and services
- developing organisation-wide approaches across key settings and population areas
- managing new national health promotion initiatives.
Areas of work include Communications, Digital, Marketing and Health Resources.
General Manager – Debra Jensen
The Alcohol group's role is to oversee the stewardship of alcohol harm reduction in Aotearoa New Zealand. This includes:
- providing strategic leadership, advice and research for government in the areas of policy and culture change
- developing and championing strategies and actions to reduce alcohol related harm with external stakeholders and across government
- collaboratively co-designing and delivering programmes to reduce alcohol related harm in Aotearoa New Zealand.
General Manager - Keith Newton
The Corporate Services group’s role is to enhance performance at Te Hiringa Hauora by providing effective and efficient support to the organisation in:
- information and communications technology
- information and records management
- human resources
- facilities management.
Areas of work include Information Services, Office Services and People, Culture and Capability.
General Manager – Lucy Hickman
Insights and Evaluation
The Insights and Evaluation group’s role is support the effective delivery of programmes by Te Hiringa Hauora and partners, and more broadly to build an evidence base for promoting health and wellbeing. We do this by:
- monitoring key health indicators, behaviours and attitudes, and emerging health trends
- analysing and publishing key findings
- implementing our Outcomes Framework and Monitoring and Evaluation Plan
- valuing all knowledge systems and methodologies
- providing access to our survey data through Kupe, our data explorer, and through individual data requests.
General Manager - David Dundon-Smith
Te Tiriti o Waitangi
Kai Okohapai/General Manager - Papa Nahi