Immunisation Week 2019
Immunisation Week is about raising awareness of the importance of immunisation to protect against serious illnesses. The theme of the 2019 Immunisation Week is 'Protected Together #Immunise' and focuses on ensuring that we are all protected against serious diseases.
To support DHBs for Immunisation Week 2019, HPA has developed a new Digital Communications Toolkit. This toolkit has been designed to help support your Immunisation Week planning and promotions and includes many of the designs and outputs developed for the national campaign.
These resources are available for DHBs to produce, use and share at a regional level. The resources are designed to help support activity across a number of local channels, so to get the best value out of the toolkit use these resources in a range of channels that work best for your local community. You'll find a media release template on page 19 of the toolkit.
Immunisation Week messages include the importance of ensuring that you and your whānau are up-to-date with your immunisations to help prevent the spread of serious diseases. They also focus on the importance of protecting your child against serious diseases to help protect the people around them too, like members of your whānau or the wider community.
- High immunisation rates protect our whole community from the spread of serious diseases.
- When you protect your child from serious diseases, you're also protecting the people around them, including those who can’t be immunised themselves.
- Make sure your whole family, young and old, is up-to-date with their immunisations. See the National Immunisation Schedule for a list of free, recommended immunisations for you and your family.
- Immunisation is one of the best ways to protect your whānau against the risk of serious diseases.
- Immunisation coverage of 95% is needed to help shield the population from serious diseases, like measles. We all need to work together to reduce the spread of infectious diseases.
- New Zealand's midwives, nurses, doctors and pharmacists all play an important role in making sure our whole community is immunised.
HPA can provide artwork files for some resources. The printing and production needs to be arranged locally. Artwork is subject to a conditions of use agreement and needs to comply with the National Immunisation Programme Brand Guidelines. HPA has developed supplementary artwork guidelines to specifically support Immunisation Week 2019.
Contact Robyn to request artwork or if you have any brand queries.